Ah! Life really is amazing. First off... the airplane rides! My first ever flight was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced! Saying goodbye was way tougher than I thought it would be and security was scary but there were so many tender mercies happening in the airport that morning! I automatically hit it off with all of the missionaries so I had some great pals to calm my nerves through it all! Sister Fluegel and I were seat buddies in both planes which was A HUGE comfort! She also has a twin! We realized that we were experiencing a lot of the same feelings! I'm pretty sure I took close to 30 pictures on the plane rides alone! I was a little camera-happy. Haha! OH! The plane snacks were stinking awesome! I found out that I'm totally in love with these "Belvita" Breakfast biscuits because they're like teddy grahams but for adults.
![]() |
| Last view of the Fam! |
Anyways... flying into St. Louis was awesome! I love being back in the Mid West! Once all of us met each other in the airport, it was like a big reunion because we'd been talking on Facebook and video chatting with the mission for so long before we actuality got here! Our luggage completely took over the airport and pretty soon all of these tired, jet-lagged missionaries were ALL over the place! It was a pretty cool site! Sister Gardner (an awesome stage sister) even placed a Book Of Mormon while we waited for our charter bus!
It was on the bus that we met our companions! I really lucked out! Sister Susie is the best companion anyone could ask for! Her family was ALSO sealed here in Nauvoo! So not only do both of us play trumpet, but we've also always had a little piece of our hearts here in Nauvoo that we got to come back to and share with each other!
Pulling into Nauvoo and seeing the temple for the first time totally took my breath away! It was an incredible sight that, of course, had me in a puddle of tears.
GAH! I'm seriously out of time. I'll finish this in a letter and send more pictures next week! I gotta go! :( I'll send this letter as soon as I can!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment